Free School Meals
If you have a child or children in full-time education, receive certain benefits and have an income of less than £16,190 you may be able to claim free school meals.
You can claim free school meals for your child if the child is in full-time education, you are responsible for the child, and you are getting one of the following benefits:
- Income Support.
- Income based Job Seeker's Allowance.
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance.
- Guaranteed Pension Credit.
- Child Tax Credit with an annual income each year of less than £16,190 (as assessed by Tax Credits).
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
If you receive both Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit, your child will not qualify for free school meals.
This is worth £2.25 per day for your child's lunch.
Free School Meals Officer (Telephone and postal enquiries only. For personal visits refer to entries for Customer Access Points.)
Municipal Office, Town Hall Square, Grimsby, DN31 1HU
Monday: 9:00 - 17:00
Tuesday: 9:00 - 17:00
Wednesday: 9:00 - 17:00
Thursday: 9:00 - 17:00
Friday: 9:00 - 17:00
Bank Holidays: Closed